Sunday, March 7, 2010

Truffle-Truffle Toil and Trouble

It's official.  Working with chocolate is H-A-R-D.  It's messy.  It's temperamental.  It's difficult and fussy.  And... I don't like it.  This statement should not be misconstrued as to mean that I don't intend to still enjoy said difficult, temperamental, fussy, messy deliciousness at any and every opportunity.  I just know now that I don't want to make chocolates for a living.

Our Chocolate class made truffles on Thursday - the ganache filling was made from the chocolate we made from the nib (see previous post about that).  The chocolate, btw, was absolutely mahvelous!  And the ganache filling was superb.  We made the fillings last week and used it to make our, ahem, "lovely hand-made truffles" this week.  They are so lovely, in fact, that I can't even bring myself to post a picture of them.  Actually, I can't bring myself to even take a picture of them.  You're better off not seeing them, really.  Instead let's embark on a visualizing meditative exercise:

Imagine this:  delicious melt-in-your-mouth, chocolate-orange, chocolate-peanut-butter, and chocolate-green-tea truffles.  The smells. The silky smooth creamy chocolatey goodness as you bite into it.... now imagine them being as ugly as sin because that's what they are.  Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Stop talking about chocolate unless you're going to bring me some, woman!!! : )

    Love the post title, btw.

    ReplyDelete