Monday, March 15, 2010

"What ARRRRRR ya doin?"

"What are you doing?" (if you can't name that movie, you obviously don't have teenage girls) 
I thought this an appropriate opening line since I've been incognito for almost a week.   Anyway, here's what I've been up to:
We made Croissants (pronounced;  krahw - sone, or something to that effect) in Baking class.  Actually, since making croissants is a lengthy process, we made up the dough 2 weeks ago and then rolled them out and baked them last week.  They are a little on the ugly side, but they were deeeelicious!!  On the croissant menu were:  Plain Butter Croissants - for Hanna, Chocolate Croissants - for Kalynn, and Turkey and Cheese - for Barry.  mmm,mmm good.  I'll definitely be "practicing" this little baking skill in my own kitchen again, and again, and again...and then rushing right out to Curves to work each and every one off.  Also:

We made Danish (pronounced:  day - nish).  Again, a little on the ugly side, but not bad for a first attempt/group effort.  Trust me, it gets a little hectic in the kitchen when you have 24 students and 4 ovens.  Honestly, being in that kitchen is sometimes reminiscent of the classic I Love Lucy episode in the chocolate factory.  Rest assured that I am well-versed in all the parts in this little skit.  From miss-bossy-grumpy-pants..."Llllllet her roll!" to Ethel's "I kept pinching them to see what kind they were." All the way to Lucy's quick-thinking solution... "Here she comes! (stuff, stuff, munch, munch, spit in the hat..)"  You get the idea, right?
We also had a salsa cook-off in the sauce class.  I didn't win so I'm not posting any pictures...Juuuuust kiddiiiinnnng.  I didn't have my camera and I'm waiting for a classmate to send me the pics she took.  I might post on that later.  Friday, I spent with my sweet Kirra.  She's almost two.  I can't believe how fast she's growing up.  Wonder of all wonders... she only made me sit through "The Wizard of Oz" one time!  woo hoo!  I think it's a little quirky that she gets scared by Bruce in "Finding Nemo", but the Flying Monkeys or the Wicked Witch don't phase her one bit.  As a matter of fact, she gets very excited when she knows that the Witch is going to appear.  She starts screaming and hooting and shouts "Witch! Witch!" (only with a "B").  It's hard not to laugh....  So this last Friday, while I was rummaging through her dresser drawers looking for a pair of pants to replace the ones with applesauce all over them, she got busy stripping off her diaper and running around the house squealing "Nakey, Nakey!  I hiding".  I did take some very cute photos, but I'm not gonna post them.  Even if they are adorable.

That's about all I have to say, except for this...Next week I will be attempting Truffles... again.  Will she fail or will she succed and conquer the Evil Truffle Monster?  Stay tuned... 

No comments:

Post a Comment