Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yawn, Stretch... breath!

*sigh*  As fun as the Wedding Cake class was, I am so happy for it to be over.  That was a couple of really busy, stressful weeks.  The best part was when I got to bring my...masterpiece... home last Sunday and spent the next 4 hours receiving praise and accolades from all of my New Beginnings buddies.  You can't get much better than that!  (Thanks everyone for the kind words and support, but next time maybe you could take some of the cake with you.)  I've been home alone with it all week.  It beckons to me when I wake up in the morning... "Wouldn't some delicious white-cake-with-white-chocolate-ganache-filling be the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of joe?"  It calls to me when I'm completely engrossed in studying rolled-in doughs..."Who needs all the work of making a Danish when you've got me sitting right here?"  It shouts at me every morning when I get back from sweating my brains out at Curves..."Yay!  Good for you!  Now you can eat me today and not feel guilty!!"  It's torture, I tell you.  But, I've been holding off the cravings (ok, I had one piece yesterday, but Kalynn made me do it!)   But there is still a lot left.

In addition to the cake I also have about half-pound of mixed fudge sitting on the kitchen counter from Monday's Confections class.  Hanna isn't home enough to have time to eat, well, anything.  Barry isn't eating it either, but I think he's a little worried about his annual physical which is scheduled for tomorrow morning.  I certainly can't take it to Curves with me.  They'd probably trample me to get to the very last crumb and then banish me for life.  I'd love to bring it out to San Jose to all my long-lost friends and ex-coworkers, but I haven't the time to go out there.  Someone suggested I take it to the local Fire Department, but I'm too self-conscious to do that.  Poor, lonely sweets.
Not to worry... tonight I'll bring home a pound of truffles to keep you company.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Robin - I love your blog! You are a great writer, honest and funny! However I do feel pretty guilty for not taking some of that cake off your hands...and relieved you of some temptation...sorry

    ReplyDelete