Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ode to a Blogging Heroine

Dear Pioneer Woman
You are my hero.
You live in the country,
yet YOU ROCK!
You're an Oklahoma housewife,
And a jet-setting celebrity.
You feed your family, and at the same time,
You cook for the the whole world.

...Ok, so that's all I can come up with.  I'm tahrd dangit!  But really, Ree Drummond is as good as they come.  Oh, how I would love to meet her and her little punks and her handsome hubby.  If the good lord ever sees fit to let me re-invent myself I want to be her (with my own punks and handsome hubby, of course!).  I read her blog every gawl dang day!  Sometimes more'n once.   I just love her total transparency and how bravely she just puts herself all out there.  I know, lots of people in cyberspace just "put themselves out there", but really Ree is not just an unknown blogger that has only family and friends following her blog.  She really is a celebrity and so now everything she says and does is subject to even more scrutiny and criticism.  But has it changed her openness and quirkiness?  Not one bit

And I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I think Ree is the best too! Her transparency and honesty is refreshing! She's not pretending to be something she's not. :)

    ReplyDelete