Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time Flies...

Ok, so obviously I won't be perfect at this blogging thing.  Me and my lofty ideas of blogging every day... sigh.  Here, its been four days since my last post! ...And I thought I was bored and not busy...
Oh well, I'm here now, right?  But what should I write about? 
  • The epic failures I experienced in making a veal stock, jelly candies and *even* Pillsbury refrigerator cookies? 
  • The fun packed days of the 3-day weekend with the gorgeous weather? 
  • The sadness and complete and utter frustration of completing our taxes? - {Sidebar:  I actually dreamed last night that Barry and I won $6000 in some random gambling thing.  We don't gamble.  We don't even play the Lottery.}
Making Veal Stock from the bones = time consuming and hard and stressful.  The stress mostly came from the knowledge that I would have to turn in the results of my attempt as well as use it in 4 sauces at the next class.  It's only an elective class, but I still want to do well.  Actually, I want to do better than anyone else in the class, but that's a neurosis for discussion in a whole other post...

Making jelly candy looks SO EASY.  Well... it's SO NOT.  I tried and failed.  Twice.  I now have 3 cups of really yummy raspberry... jelly-paste.

Since I was out of time (for Valentine's Day) I decided to just get some Pillsbury sugar cookies and do heart shaped cut-outs and maybe even make little cookie sandwiches with the raspberry jelly-paste.  Um...Pillsbury sugar cookies totally puff up when they cook.  All the little hearts came out looking like, well circles.  POAS!

Beautiful weather + 3 day weekend + my family = so much fun.  Went to Harbor Cafe for V-Day breakfast on Sunday.  Totally disappointed.  So disappointed, in fact, that I actually Yelp!'d about it! Probably won't be going back there anytime soon.  Took the girls (and their boys) to Aldo's on Monday for breakfast.  No complaints there.  They definitely know what they are doing.  We should have gone there yesterday!  The Boardwalk was having 2 for 1 day so we spent the rest of the day there.  Lots of fun was had by all.  Barry tried to video record Hanna and Omar WHILE we rode the Giant Dipper... they actually stopped the ride and told him to put his cellphone away.  I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of embarassing.

I'm not going to bore you with the ugly details of our 6 year, ahem... "relationship" with the IRS.  Suffice it to say it's a love-hate relationship.  They LOVE taking exorbitant amounts of our money and we HATE that they take it.

All in all, a pretty good weekend.  Unfortunately, I didn't spend much time studying so I feel completely unprepared for class this week.  Time to get to studying!

2 comments: